NVRH is proud to offer a variety of Professional Development opportunities to its employees.
Professional Meetings / Continuing Education
All employees are eligible to receive paid time to attend approved educational sessions, with management approval.
Tuition Financial Assistance
Employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement for job related college courses, subject to availability of funding from the hospital, and subject to the guidelines established below. The course must be offered on a for-credit basis by a licensed and accredited College or University. Determination of course eligibility shall be done by the appropriate Divisional Vice President and the Vice President of Human Resources.
Reimbursement is provided for a Course, Undergraduate Degree Program or Post Degree Course which is directly related to an employee’s current position. It is also provided for meeting the requirements for a future position within the hospital which the employee would be eligible for and for which there exists a difficulty to recruit.
- Full and Part Time employees who work at least 40 hours per pay period are eligible to participate in the program.
- Eligible employees must be employed at the hospital a minimum of three (3) months prior to course enrollment.
- Employees classified as Part Time No Benefits, Temporary or Per Diem are not eligible.
How to Apply:
- Prior to enrollment in a course, the employee must complete the NVRH application for Tuition Reimbursement (below).
- Submit Application for College Tuition Financial Assistance (once signed by Department Manager and Vice President) to the Benefits Manager for Vice President of Human Resources approval and processing.
- Once the application is approved, the employee must submit a tuition bill from the school indicating total reimbursement needed. Should an employee be eligible for educational assistance in addition to that offered by the hospital, the employee is expected to coordinate the benefits from all sources so that total reimbursement does not exceed 100% of tuition needs.
- The employee is responsible for obtaining the necessary signatures/approvals (i.e. their Department Manager, their appropriate Vice President and the Vice President of Human Resources) prior to enrolling in the program.
- The policy provides reimbursement of tuition expenses and required lab fees after completion of the course. Availability of funds to an employee is limited to $2,000 per calendar year.
Following completion of the course(s), the employee will provide a copy of their grade(s) statement to the Human Resources Department/Benefits Manager. Grades must be received in the Human Resources Department within six (6) weeks of the end of the semester.
NVRH has teamed up with Champlain College to offer a significant tuition benefit that will support continuing education goals.
All online degrees and professional certificates are included. Also, your tuition reimbursement benefits can be applied to this program, reducing your cost even more. Please see Champlain’s degree offerings at http://www.champlain.edu/trued/degrees-certificates